We’re making Brownies available to more girls around New Zealand! We’ve created a safe, fun, engaging digital Brownies option for girls who are unable to attend normal Unit meetings, but would still like to do the exciting activities that GirlGuiding members do.
Explore Brownies is a programme specifically designed for 7 to 9 1/2 year olds. In Explore Brownies, girls work independently with parental supervision to lead their own learning at their own pace. Girls receive 1-1 feedback from a Leader so it is an ideal programme for stimulating inquisitive young minds and growing independent learners. Explore Brownies can also be accessed at any time so makes for great school holiday learning and entertainment.
Explore Brownies is an extremely flexible programme designed to fit in with the busy lives of modern families. Explore Brownies can be enjoyed at anytime from anywhere with an internet connection. This makes it an ideal option for girls who may live far away from a Brownie Unit or who have other commitments on the local unit night. Explore Brownies is great for girls who may not be able to commit to the same time every week or who move between houses. Explore Brownies are also invited to events within the wider Guiding community.
Girls will take part in age-appropriate activities developed in accordance with the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) Educational Method. Activities include:
- Taking on experiments in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Maths).
- Learning to care for the environment.
- Learning how to be safe outdoors.
- Exploring the community and looking after it.
- Growing and caring for plants.
- Trying new outdoor activities and challenging themselves.
- Learning how to lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Learning about all aspects of diversity.
- Trying orienteering or geocaching.
- Experiencing new activities on wheels.
Activity in progress